Comments bugfixes, updates
by Sean Cribbs
Couple of notes from today about the Commentable/CommentBucket behaviors.
- The code was moved to Subversion. You may get it in all the
usual ways, including
- Make sure you have the latest
I went through a couple of iterations today that were just borked,
including ones that screwed things up royally. I’m not sure
what broke the
r:parenttag plugin that I had installed, but it quit working. Be forewarned that it could get ugly. The bugfixes and updates include:
- Problems with the status field in the config part—now you must specify an integer or the default is “Draft” (1). Maybe in the future I’ll allow text for this field, but it was getting messy trying to futz around with type conversion.
- The local var
Commentable.processwas potentially uninitialized. I fixed this although it was highly unlikely that the offending referent code would be reached in a state where
commentswas not initialized.
- Because Radiant already includes
datefor tags pages, I thought I’d make use of them instead of re-implementing them. What this means is that those fields do not come auto-wrapped in a
- Nolan commented that CAPTCHA is not kind to
blind users and some other algorithm, i.e. spam filtering, should be
used instead. PDI The interim solution, of course,
is to set the default status to “Draft”
configpart. However, until spam becomes a major problem on my site, I’m leaving it wide open. I reserve the right to remove any comments that are clearly spam.